First I made a whole bunch of cardboard and foamboard strips. I applied these to the canvas with a generous amount of gel medium. When that was dry I coverd everything in gesso and made some fine structures using pouring medium. Then I put the canvas flat on the floor and prepared some plastic wrap filled with very liquid paint, ink an d water mixtures. I dropped these bundles from a 2.5 metre hight. The first one resulted in only a random puddle, but after a few tries and after swithching from dropping to fiercely throwing I got the splattering result I was looking for. When that dried I started applying more paint and ink using mostly brushes until it was finished.